Online Rent Collextion Service

2 Replies

Okay, here’s some of the pertinent details:

I am interested in purchasing a rental that already has tenants in place - a company pays the rent on behalf of the tenant. This will be my first rental. I live in California and the home is located in Oklahoma.

I see that there are a lot of online rent collection companies. Which is the best online rent collection company to use and why?

Thanks for your insight!

Hi Kara, there are definitely a lot of helpful tools out there; ***a lot of people use Zelle or Venmo, and that's fine. Some would suggest TenantCloud, Tellius or other apps which allow you to process rent collection; but, there is an option out there which allows you to collect rent much quicker than those others but still provides other rental management tools you might find valuable (again, not to knock Cozy or these other tools like Zillow rental manager), but you can easily go with an option that will help you keep track of who paid what and on which date with a tool that is reliable and fast. It definitely can help to make the process as painless as possible and more efficient for both parties (landlord + tenant), and also offers digital leases. Again, you may run into transfer limits with some of those other apps which aren't necessarily designed for the purpose of rent collection but the right landlord software can make this seamless for you. I would love to learn about any additional needs; definitely helps to keep landlord solution providers on their toes!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here