Amazon drop shipping.

5 Replies

Hello everyone, I am currently serving in the military and was looking for a side business. I’m interested in selling items on amazon with drop shipping. Any one have any advice/ experience on the topic? Thanks in advance!

Depends on your location, assets, available supply and such. There are some big players in the drop-shipping space. What kinds of products are you looking to supply? Do you have any potential customers to start with? 

@Anna McGill thanks for reaching out! I just began reading about it, seems like a good side hustle that would take some work to start up. Products wise, I’m researching on what would be something that is needed. Haven’t pinpointed exactly what I would like to sell yet though.

I'm a amazon seller, I use my Amazon business to invest back into my ecommerce business and into real estate. 

My only suggestion to you is that dropshipping sounds and may seem luxurious business and most tend to venture in it , I would not recommend that line of business.  Amazon is always changing rules and with the inconsistency of most suppliers and return rate of customers you can get your account suspended. There are legitimate ways to build a great side hustle business with amazon, Esty, eBay and shopify. It took me almost 5 years to be able to live off of my earnings from real estate and ecommerce. I create my own products and wholesale product on amazon, this is a much safer and scalable way to make some great income. 

Do some homework and make sure you keep up with amazons terms of service. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you