Real Estate Analyst

3 Replies

Hello BP!

My name is Brandon, and I am an up and coming real estate investor as well as data analyst. I have a passion for big data and using it to drive results (especially in real estate). I currently own 1 rental and am working hard to buy my second property- a househack in the DC area. 

I recently obtained my Masters in Business Analytics and love implementing my skills to help find better properties. Everything from finding new markets to analyzing deals is my jam. If you or anyone you know could use someone to help grow your business, shoot me a message and I'd love to have a conversation!

Hey Joe!

If I'm doing market research, I try find data that indicates what's going on in the real world. One example is a text analysis I did for the DC market. A facebook group has a google doc of people looking for places to rent. I just copied the data (all of it was public and I deleted any sensitive info) and uploaded it into a program called R where I performed text analysis and looked at the most mentioned cities/suburbs. So now instead of guessing at the places that are in the highest demand I actually have data to back it up.

These kind of sources show how people/events are actually behaving, instead of data that shows what could/should be happening. Does that make sense?

Promotion
BAM Capital
Multifamily Growth & Income Fund II
New High Yield (10%) Targeted MONTHLY | Midwest-focused Fund
Backed by institutional-grade apartments, strong sponsor track record, $450M AUM, over 4,000 units.
Invest Now

WOW This type of method sounds like it delivers good results. I'm currently working for an investment firm. They are providing me with an opportunity to work with them and be apart of the team. They currently have me in the acquisition department, the owners are wanting me to bring them solid deals for commercial properties. I'm learning all of this on the fly and from the internet. I love your approach and passion for what you do. Any pointers will help, books and etc. 

I also started with a house hack in the DC area for my first property. I utilized my VA Loan and then placed the property on the DCHRA program and received great returns from the voucher program. Especially in the high rent approved area like Shaw.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you