Best accounting software for real estate investors?

8 Replies

There are several different options.  Quickbooks is the one that everyone knows and uses the most.  It can be pricy but well worth the money if you can afford it.  It also comes with different level subscriptions that you can continue to up grade as you need more features.  There are also some free options and obviously don't have many bells and whistles and will make it more challenging to switch to a paid accounting software.  I am happy to answer any specific questions may have.  

@Cheree Harris my advice; do a quick search in this forum. This topic has been beaten to death. Everyone has there own opinion on what is the best accounting software. My favorite software is too pricy for 99% of the BPers here. Majority of the people here seems to be good with Quickbooks, Buildium, Appfolio, and plenty of other software.

Quickbooks online is a great tool. It allows you to easily scale your business without having to switch bookkeeping/accounting softwares. I do bookkeeping for real estate investors, and we exclusively use Quickbooks Online for every Client. They love it. 

I just switched to using Stessa myself. It’s free, has a web and iOS App interfaces, but besides that I like it’s simple yet detailed interface. It interfaces with my bank with no issues and loads all the transactions. Report generation is detailed as well. For now the “big brand” services mentioned by others are too much and too $$$ for me, until I grow my portfolio significantly.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you