DIY Intention Journal

6 Replies

Wanted to try Brandon’s intention journal, but it’s unavailable at the moment. Trying to make my own for now. Any favourite things that you have liked about yours?

Trying to keep on task with remodel, portfolio growth. Normally I end up with a big to-do list and I’m hoping for something that pushes me farther.

Thank you in advance!

@Noah P Bonds - I got one a few months ago and have really liked it. I think just writing down your top 3 goals daily is the main part, so if I had to get rid of everything besides that, I'd keep the consistent goal writing. I wasn't consistent with writing down my goals, so I threw some money at the intention journals and have been much more consistent and productive simply because I put the small $30-40 investment (or whatever it costs) for it. 

I put an excel file together so I can see everything on one page in a week then start a new tab for the next week on a Sunday. It saves on writing some of the stuff down repeatedly (understand there are some benefits to this but don’t have time to regurgitate daily). Also didn’t like having to flip back and forth to front and back of journal.

File attached is totally editable so adapt to how you like …if you like it. I’ve been using it for 8 weeks now and like it so far, I have also shared it with a few other people who journal and agree – albeit small sample size.

I cant attach the file but can forward upon request - Any points for improvement I would love to see/hear for improved efficiency.

@Noah P Bonds

Can you guys please educate me on what an intention journal is? I’ve heard Brandon talking about it in his podcasts but don’t really understand it yet, what are the benefits and is it simply writing down your goals? There must be more to it though? Thanks!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you