Real estate investing class & courses

4 Replies

Hello BP happy holidays!

I have been debating about taking some classes for multiple reasons. To help speed up the process in real estate investing. I’m also extremely self motivated bc of pain my family is going threw! Anybody have a thought or know someone who has taken any classes?

Ken McElroy classes has caught my attention more than others bc of rich dad poor dad!

Thanks for reading!

@James French depends who you ask, but I personally don't think real estate investment courses are necessary. To be fair, I've never taken a real etstate course, but I guess that's the point I'm trying to relay. There is already so much free knowledge and education out there that I would first dive into before paying for a course. I think Brandon Turner's weekly webinars are great to get started. I'm unsure as to what paid courses offer that isn't already out there for free. Hope this helps!  

Originally posted by @James French :

Hello BP happy holidays!

I have been debating about taking some classes for multiple reasons. To help speed up the process in real estate investing. I’m also extremely self motivated bc of pain my family is going threw! Anybody have a thought or know someone who has taken any classes?

Ken McElroy classes has caught my attention more than others bc of rich dad poor dad!

Thanks for reading!

Hi James,

What do you want to learn?

How much money do you have set aside to invest (right now) in a purchase?

The answer to these two basic questions will probably help make the answer to your question more accurate.

Good Luck!

Promotion
PPR Note Company
Note Investing
Diversify your portfolio and get completely passive cashflow.
All without tenants, repairs, or vacancies - in a real-estate-backed investment fund.
Here's how.

@James French I would strongly recommend you find a local REI club near you that meets either in person or virtually. The networking with other seasoned investors, as well as, classes these REI clubs offer are much more valuable. Also, A LOT cheaper than Rich Dad or Ken McElroy. One example was I took a wholesaling class from one of these gurus. They kept saying "check with your local and state laws regarding this point of discussion." I was hoping they would give me specifics to my market since it was a class here in Dallas they were hosting. But I took the same class from a local REI club. They were so specific about the local laws they even knew exactly what cities to avoid placing bandit signs to avoid fines because of the city ordinances. None of that "check with your local & state laws" garbage. Save your money so you can keep acquiring properties. You will be pleasantly surprised how other seasoned investors are willing to share their mistakes to help you avoid the same pitfalls. I always say its better to borrow an experience from another investor rather than paying for it on your own.

Thanks for the response! I have about 40k cash and a good amount of equity In my house. 

I have worked residential & commercial construction my whole life for spec home builders, custom home builders, flippers. I have done real estate home inspections and I have built a small construction business. So I understand the remodel and construction extremely well! So my mind is in a few directions! 

Thanks