Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
If you have not seen the release of Dan Sheeks' new book, "First to a Million", grab it ASAP! He is going to be doing an Ask Me Anything Night in the forums next month that you will not want to miss!
In light of this release, I thought we could share the bit of advice we wish we had as a teen or young adult. This could be to yourself, your children or extended family, or any young person in your life. Share your knowledge for our young FIRE and RE members!
To buy more property back then when the markets were actually reasonable. Buying property now in 2021 is comparable joke in terms of returns/valuations.
Investor · Mt. Arlington NJ · Member since 2018 · 251 posts · 143 votes
4y
Instead of college go for certificates. Much more affordable and straight to the point of a profession. (unless of course certain professions definitely need a degree). And use that money saved on schooling to purchase more properties.
Rental Property Investor · Sioux Falls, SD · Member since 2015 · 9k+ posts · 18k+ votes
4y
Real estate will always seem expensive and risky. Given time, it always appreciates in value. Buy as much as you can, as early as you can. Buy in the best locations you can afford and borrow money to buy it.
Investor · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2021 · 9 posts · 26 votes
4y
Networking will be important no matter what business line you jump into but there's more to it than that in REI- building relationships in real estate is crucial. I'm quickly learning that in hot market times such as this, good and honest professionals may be harder to come by (demand is there). Build your team and treat them like gold, and they'll do the same in return!
Real Estate Agent · Burlington MA · Member since 2018 · 113 posts · 142 votes
4y
Real Estate investing business is a great career. Start as early as possible. Get your license and become a great agent. Save money and invest in properties and relationships. Being an agent will also broaden your networking and this will be your biggest asset.
start at 16yo building your net worth. get as much money as you can as quickly as you can. get a job ASAP. get a credit card ASAP. buy a house ASAP. buy a house every year, and rent your old house out. when you get 10 houses, you can retire.
dont help people until you can help yourself. your responsibility is to the family you create and to yourself. anyone else you help is out of the kindness of your heart. people will use you. its your responsibility to not allow them to use you. stay away from people that reject your help, but seek to use you. giving people money is NOT help. give people help, not money. youll give them all your money and all your money will be gone and they will still be in the same position. dont help people that dont help themselves but understand some people are in genuine situations b/c and they are so down and out that they wont help themselves...and you might need to push or inspire them. depression is just sadness. live your life a certain way to avoid it.
whew!
be a man. being a man is about stand on principles...certain principles. honesty, mercy, love, decency, etc. these are what really make you a man. dont bend dont fold. dont let anyone tell you different. people will hate you for being this way, but thats ok. they only hate it b/c they cant break you. oh yeah, be unbreakable...especially thru all the hate. get close to God. not sure how? well, being completely honest even when nobody is looking is a good start. honesty will get you trust. where there is no trust, there is no honesty. trust is important so honesty is even more important. what if you couldnt trust that next stair you were about to step on to hold you up. what if it failed 5% of the time. youd never make it up those stairs i bet. this is why trust is important...but complete honesty...which is what gets you trust....is even more important.
New to Real Estate · Fontana, CA · Member since 2020 · 14 posts · 25 votes
4y
I read Rich Dad Poor Dad when I was in middle school because I knew I wanted to be rich. My reading and comprehension wasn’t the greatest and after reading it I didn’t walk away with much, simply because I didn’t quite understand everything. I didn’t read the book again until this year at 33. I would tell middle school myself to read that book yearly until I understand it, and find someone to help answer the question that I had.
Real Estate Agent · Brentwood, CA · Member since 2021 · 34 posts · 21 votes
4y
I would have told myself F#%K college from the beginning, waste of time. Find a mentor, read a lot of business/ real estate books, network more. College wasted my damn time lol. I could have played so many death metal shows, save money to invest in real estate and get tatted tf up lol instead of wasting $400 on a single chemistry book for a semester and studying useless stuff. Nothing really beats real estate and it's fun!