• San Francisco, CA
Votes |
Next steps to find first deal

Josh Raikin
Pro Member
  • New to Real Estate
  • San Francisco, CA
Posted May 30 2022, 19:29

I'm currently attempting a driving for dollars model in Dallas, TX. I found about 50 properties that look like I can add value to them, I found the owner's address on the county website, and I skiptraced for many of the owner's phone numbers. I'd love advice on next steps to help me with my first deal!

So far, I've reached out to a RE agent for comps on the property address. I even asked someone in the neighborhood to go through their (turn key) home and got their purchase price from them (providing me with a general ARV). I don't have a target strategy however as I'm new to the area and am trying to learn more about RE here before deciding if BRRRR, fix-and-flip, or wholesale is the best option. I'm interested in all three but do not have the experience or the network to do the rehab confidently.

I'm thinking my next steps could be (in random and no order, and disconnected-- looking for advice here):

- start calling the properties, say I'd like to purchase their house, and see where the conversation goes. This could help me become more comfortable with the process. Ideally, I'd like to walk the properties and get an idea of rehab cost. 

- continue driving for dollars.

- network more in my region to find an experienced investor who could potentially partner or provide advice.

- Find the rehab cost, ARV, and get property under contract to wholesale (and be clear with owner about my goal to wholesale)

Thanks for the help!

Loading replies...