• South Carolina
Votes |
Best Way to start investing

Marquis Cobb
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • South Carolina
Posted Oct 1 2022, 22:07

I have had a few ideas about starting my investing journey but just nervous to commit to a path. I am currently in the Columbia South Carolina area.

Initially I have started wholesaling to raise capital to use as a down payment for my first deal to flip but as I have really started to thinking about my goals and what I truly want out of real estate. I want to move to passive income as fast as possible. So I was thinking I need to get a rental property using the BRRRR strategy. So my plan was to do enough wholesale deals to build capital for a down payment for a hard money loan then refinance that loan and use the cash out for the next deal. Unfortunately I have only been able to do one wholesale deal and finding it hard to cold call and drive for dollars while working full time.

So my alternative I was thinking of is to use a HELOC on my current residence that is a new build and I have lived in for about 1.5 years and use the equity in my current home for a down payment for a hard money loan and use the BRRRR strategy.

Just looking for some advice from more experienced investors and maybe some input from those who have done a HELOC or who are wholesaling now. Thank you in advance

Loading replies...