Skip to content
Starting Out

User Stats

Votes

Problems facing while starting out

Posted Nov 17 2022, 10:47

Hello, I'm very excited about starting to invest into real estate. Last week I went to look at a Condo that need some repairs and that could leave some profits after all the repairs are done. Now I'm trying to find a lender to get a Hard Money Loan from. This is the step that I'm stuck at. I have no money to put down, the lender offers between 80% to 90% LTV, I'm trying to figure out where I can get that rest of the money in order to be able to purchase the property. I have also been looking at houses that I could be able to house hack by getting a mortgage and rent out the rest of the rooms. But I don't have money for a down payment. I'm in the military and I can use the VA Loan benefit. but I'm stationed in Camp Pendleton, California, where the houses are worth around 500k. And if I get pre approved I might just get like 150k for a house, and I will not be able to find a house for that price around here. So I was thinking of getting a big loan for a house with 6 bedrooms where I could live in one of those but again, the price is 550k and I doubt I will be approved for that amount with a VA loan according to how much I earn and the DTI. Then I was thinking to just get a house out of state with this VA Loan but It is for primary residence so I can't because I have to be living there for at least a year. A DSCR Loan could work for this I heard, I'm not really familiar with it but the problem again would be the down payment. Which I don't have. These are kinda the problems I'm facing and I'm stuck without a solution since It's gonna be my first time trying to get a house. If you guys could share with me some insight or what would you guys do.

Loading replies...