Starting Out

User Stats

Votes
Dylan Ritch
Votes |
Just inherited a house and have no clue what to do

Dylan Ritch
Posted Jan 30 2024, 21:01

So I inherited a house from a family that passed away a few months ago. It has no mortgage, pretty good condition, and has so much opportunity. It has 2 bedrooms upstairs and an unfinished 1090 sq ft basement (house itself is 1250 sq ft) No inheritance tax and I’ve been living here now for a few months. I just don’t know what I should do here. It’s such a great opportunity but I’m very new to this world and I want to make the most of the situation but I don’t want to take a lot of risk. My goals in the next few years would be to achieve financial freedom and I know that is possible with the house. Maybe I get the basement finished and move into there while getting tenant(s) for upstairs. Maybe I take out a full home equity loan and just buy another property to rent out/Airbnb. Maybe I take out the home equity and try to flip a home. Maybe I do a bunch of other things. I guess I am here because I feel lost and overwhelmed and want to learn how to make the most of this situation to achieve my goals in a safe way over the next 1-5 years if possible.

Loading replies...