• Kittery Point, ME
Votes |
Working with a RE Agent

Account Closed
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Kittery Point, ME
Posted Mar 14 2014, 13:39

Hi folks;

I've established a relationship with a local Realtor to help us find properties for rehab in southern Maine. I'm trying to put together a process that will help us find and analyze properties without placing an undue burden on the Realtor. This is what I've put together and would appreciate your thoughts on it.

The Realtor would forward all details (a listing sheet?) for specific sold listings we request in the area of our target property. We're finding those sold properties via a Realtor Office's website that allows for a search of sold properties. (I'm not positive it lists every sold property, but have no reason to believe it doesn't.) With that data, I can ascertain a rough ARV for my target property, myself. If we feel we might have something to work with, we'll schedule a showing, do a walk-through, estimate repairs, and ask our Realtor to validate our estimated ARV if we think we're on to something solid.

Additionally, we'd request the Realtor set up his MLS system to automatically forward all new listings for properties in our targeted sales price range to our email.

Thoughts? Too big a request? Not enough? Not kosher?

Thanks for any feedback you care to share!

Loading replies...