hi i need HELP!

5 Replies

hi I am new to BP my name is Walter Thompson and I am married whit two beautiful daughters and a beautiful wife I am 22 and i need help whit wholesale I know the basics but I live in NJ and I don't know the laws about closing and I really appreciate if some one can please lead me in the right direction, I've already started my mail campaign (2 days ago) please if someone is willing to mentor me ill pay a monthly fee

@Walter Thompson The good news is there is A TON of information and hundreds of wholesalers here. If you look at the top of the page, you'll see a Search button across from the BiggerPockets logo. This is a very useful feature you see because you can easily sift through millions of posts and articles on whatever topic you like.

The real trick and where many fail, is to act on what you learn one step at a time. Most just read tons but fail to take any consistent action or give up easily. Don't let yourself get discouraged or stuck in a rut. This is your right of passage, accept that you'll make mistakes along the way. Just part of learning what works and what doesn't.

You can easily find out about closing processes in NJ simply by calling a real estate agent and asking. Just simply say that you want to know what the process is for purchasing and/or selling a property. If they don't want to give you time, then call a different agent. There are plenty to choose from!

On a side note, don't pay someone to tutor you. Totally unnecessary. The best way to ask questions is to be very specific in your line of questions. You're post is too general.

Hope this helps. :)

@Annette Hibbler

thanks for the advise, I think it will be better for me to learn on my own,

and if I need help I always got really nice people like you to help me out thanks!

Hey @Walter Thompson welcome to the best REI community in existence. As @Annette Hibbler said stick around these forums, read a lot, learn from other people's mistakes, but whatever you do don't ever prevent yourself from taking action.

Also, ask questions, you will always get legitimate - NO BS - answers in the forums.

As for my 2 cents, save the money you would've spent on a mentor, and put it to marketing. You said you started your initial direct mail campaign - keep following up to those that don't respond immediately.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.