what's the best way to get free comps

4 Replies

Hi I would like to know which Is the best way to get comps for a house for free.

Thanks for any reply

Build a relationship with a realtor. I'm a big believer of giving to get. One of the realtors I have a relationship with I know I can request comps if I really need it will help me out because I've offered to do her power points when she does a presentation at our local REIA.

I also prefer to request a comp through someone if I think I can give them any business down the road. Quid pro quo.

thanks for advice @Jason fraser

You can Google and request houses sold in the area and they should come up. You can also get that info from Zillow and Trulia by requesting recently sold houses and hope they are similiar to the one you are concerned with. The best way is to work with a realtor with the push of a button on Multi-list he can email you the info. You should delelop a relationship anyway as one hand washes the other. Food for thought.

John Moore

Originally posted by @Jason Fraser :
    Build a relationship with a realtor. I'm a big believer of giving to get. One of the realtors I have a relationship with I know I can request comps if I really need it will help me out because I've offered to do her power points when she does a presentation at our local REIA.
    I also prefer to request a comp through someone if I think I can give them any business down the road. Quid pro quo.

@Walter Thompson

Agree, be-friend a RE agent. I have a RE agent as a mentor and he provides comps to me.

Otherwise Zillow, Truilia, and Redfin work. I tend to like the accuracy of Redfin within my market. Your market may differ.

Best!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
    • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
    • Learn how to get started with or without money,
    • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
    • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.