Real Estate Investor Clubs

3 Replies

Fairly new to investing. Have 1 rental for 6+ years. I wish to expand now to more but want to learn more.

Are real estate clubs worth joining? What should I look for? Clubs in my area are very few. (Richmond, VA) One club I am looking at looks like its run out of someones house. Is that normal? Are some of these clubs full of loan sharks? Just tryin to avoid scams ya know.

Thanks

Hi @John Nisewonger -- there are a couple of excellent clubs in the Richmond area. Both of these generally meet in public locations in the West End which might take some time to get to, but these do draw folks from the entire area. Neither of these pushes things to buy -- both are intent on networking and providing good presentations to help local investors. One is the Richmond REIA and another is Richmond RING. The RING group has a Facebook page. The REIA group is at http://www.meetup.com/rvareia/ The RING meetings are set up on meeup.com too. If you try to join RING be sure to list what you BRING to the group, not just what you are looking to get out of it yourself. Even with just one rental that is some experience to share with others who have not gotten that far in their RE investing. Best of luck!!

Have you heard anything about the tri cities investment club? Im closer to that area and investing there. Thanks

Sorry -- I don't know about that one. I do know that some folks who are doing deals as far south as Petersburg are coming to the ones I mentioned. Shera

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Get the Ultimate Beginner's Guide