Real estate mentor

7 Replies

Hello BP, I am brand new here and I am looking for a mentor located in Colorado Springs, Colorado or somewhere close as far as Denver. I am brand new to the real estate community and I want to pursue this as soon as possible. I am full time military right now but very eager to get into the real estate business and move on from the military. I am interested in finding, fixing, and flipping houses specifically but I am up for anything and everything real estate if I can make a few bucks.

Hey welcome, @Thomas Harrelson

See

http://www.biggerpockets.com/blogs/3225/blog_posts/26426-how-do-i-find-a-mentor

Download or bookmark all the guides

http://www.biggerpockets.com/rei/

Pick a strategy and understand all the advantages and disadvantages of wholesaling, buying and holding, rehabbing, seller financing, etc.

And make some friends! Go pro and get all the folks in your area to be colleagues.

Best Wishes and welcome to BP Nation,

Brian

Medium banner reiskills 997   copyBrian Gibbons, REISkills | [email protected] | 818‑400‑3046 | http://MyREISkills.com

What he said, plus I would emphasize learn everything you can before looking for a mentor so you can ask for the least amount possible, and come to the table offering something.

Medium blue oak tree hiAdrian Tilley, Live Oak Properties | [email protected] | 720‑943‑4403

@Thomas Harrelson

I am active duty military also. The above posts are on target with their advice. BP is a wealth of information and you have to know what you are looking for, same goes for a mentor. Know what you want to ask and what you want to take away from a mentor.

Message me, I can help answer questions and guide you.

Enjoy the ride.

listen to every podcast and go to your local bp meetup or start one. You may find this exceeds what you hope to get from a mentor

@Thomas Harrelson - Welcome to BP. Lots of great people and lots of great info here.

@Thomas Harrelson Also, Ive heard its easier to find "Mentors" with out using the term "Mentor." For example, if you ask someone to be your mentor they may feel like they have to be available constantly to teach you everything and it may be more of a burden than its worth. Especially, if you're not bringing anything to the table for them. So, Id suggest you Learn as much as you can on your own with BIGERPOCKETS, then when you have the basics down. Go to some RE groups and meetups and when you meet some knowledgeable people you get along with, simply ask them if they'd mind if you called them for advice on certain situations. Then they'll feel like they're helping, but not beholden to you.

thanks for all the advice everybody. I am excited to get into the real estate business. This is something I've been wanting to do for the longest and it is a dream for me. All of you have already helped me scratch the surface and this is only the beginning. Thanks again.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you