• Philadelphia , Pennsylvania
Votes |
Should I open an LLC to start?

Account Closed
  • Educator, Investor, Entrepreneur
  • Philadelphia , Pennsylvania
Posted Mar 29 2014, 20:22

Hello,

My name is Lee and I am new to real estate investments. I purchased a program on real estate, rehab and flipping recently and one of the "perks" of the program was consultation/foot work for opening an LLC (I of course have to pay the applicable state fees).

However, in my introduction forum I got the impression that an LLC was unnecessary and maybe harmful to start with. (In addition to the impression that I should have never purchased the program, but that is beside the point)

Personally I like the idea of running a business, it makes me feel more accountable then investing as an individual which I feel leaves me more likely to be lazy or slack. I also have become frozen with fear at networking without a business name or "So and So investments" to introduce myself with. I don't know if this is a personal problem or excuse or this is business instincts saying I will not be taken seriously without a business structure in place.

Also I was under the impression that an LLC would help with liability issues and would be more likely to be funded by Hard money lenders and Gap funds. This is a very important aspect for me as I will be and can only be working with OPM. It was suggested by the program that I open the LLC before actually doing any business.

I am very conflicted now. Could I get some thoughts on the subject?

As always thank you so much for taking the time to read my post. I know all too well how precious time is and I appreciate you taking time out of your life to take interest in mine.

Sincerely,

Lee Nicole Salinis

Loading replies...