House under Contract

5 Replies

I have a home under contract that is listed with a real estate agent. The home owner hasn't told the realtor it's under contract with me. The house is still listed in the MLS as active. Do i need to contact the realtor and let her know i have the house under contract or does it matter?

Thanks

Andre

If you legally have the property under contract then technically the property is no longer for sale. So yes your seller as her Realtor's client should inform her Realtor. If he/she doesn't then you should.

Thanks Ibrahim, I really appreciate you responding to my question so quickly. I'll let the owner know. How long of you been doing this? How is business out in New Jersey?

Thanks again

Andre

Also make sure you get the realtor's commission ironed out. Depending on the contract that was signed by the seller with the agent, he may still owe the realtor a comission.

Ok will do . Thanks Scott.

@Andre Johnson I've been investing for 14 years. I've been a licensed agent for 4 years. NJ investing is both extremely competitive and rewarding. Like life it's truly what you make it. What's your plan with this property? Will this be your first one?

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.