New investor with a proposal

1 Reply

Hello,

I must start by saying that i am excited to be apart of the bigger pockets family.

My name is Matt Schneider, I live in Palatka FL I am starting out in the investing world. I am looking to start a friendship with anyone who lives in FL, and who would be interested in showing a newbie the ropes. I am not looking for someone to shell out boat loads of money, but rather just keeping me pointed in the right direction, keep me informed of potential pit falls and have a few laughs. I have basic knowledge of real estate investing (I have read the beginners guide but I guess i dont learn well just from reading)but require a hands on approach. I am interested in wholesaling, assignment of contract, bird dogging, anything to get started. I would need to start with a no money down deal as I have no money, but I feel Palatka is a gold mine with the right approach. I just want to get that first deal as I have heard it is the hardest. I would be more than willing to split any profits I make in exchange for any assistance given. Ready to go just need a little help. I feel this is a great beginning for my new life I cant wait to start making friends and contacts. With much respect for all who do this.

Matt

@Matt Schneider

Welcome. Fill in the foundation below.

Check out the Start Here page http://www.biggerpockets.com/starthere

Check out BiggerPockets Ultimate Beginner's Guide - A fantastic free book that walks through many of the key topics of real estate investing.

Check out the free BiggerPockets Podcast - A weekly podcast with interviews and a ton of great advice. And you get the benefit of having 60 past ones to catch up on.

Locate and attend 3 different local REIA club meetings great place to meet people gather resources and info. Here you will meet wholesalers who provide deals and rehabbers perhaps someone you could work for.

Two Great reads, I bought both J. Scott The Book on Flipping Houses,The Book on Estimating ReHab Costshttp://www.biggerpockets.com/flippingbook

Consider checking out HUD homes for small multi's owner occupied gets first crack.

Download BP’s newest book here some good due diligence in Chapter 10. Real Estate Rewind Starting over

http://www.biggerpockets.com/files/user/brandonatbp/file/real-estate-rewind-a-biggerpockets-community-book

Good Luck

Paul

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.