expired listing

9 Replies

Well I'm new to this ,and my name is Isaac , well just got my hands on some expired listings and i am don't know how to contact the home owner, the agent didn't give me the no#. Properties is in great condition move in ready but have no way of contacting them. What should i do, don't want to lose out on a great opportunity. Is there anyone in the downtown area of San Diego who could help with knowing how to get in contact with home owner if the agent don't give the no#. Help .

What to do if agent don't give you person of contact, how to contact them(the home owner). Can anyone help.

Hello, Isaac. In order to get the details of the owner of the property that has an expired listing, simply access the public records of the county/town that your subject property is in. By reviewing the details of the property via public records, you'll be able to get the home owner's name and address. You should be able to get said information online by visiting the county/town official website and following the links that will allow you to do a property search. Plug in the address that you have on hand as the expired listing. Sometimes, the owner's address may be different than the address of the expired listing. If that's the case, send a mailer (if you're planning on sending a letter/postcard) to the address that's listed for the owner in public records. If you wish to call the owner, you can take the name and address that you've found in public records and go over to www.whitepages.com and plug in the owner's name and zip code in order to see if a telephone number is available. Just be certain that the name you find in public records is the exact name you research on whitepages.com, as there may be multiple results. I use this method personally. I also will use the reverse address feature on White Pages, and you could do that too. Just plug in the address that you retrieve from public records.

Thanks Nicole I will definately do that.Thanks once again.

@Isaac Kaai Welcome to BP. Most agents aren't going to give you the contact information of their client. You can however get it as mentioned in the post above, or on sites that charge membership fees for accessing contact information. I personally use Spokeo. You can search by address or name. However; sometimes the address will show the tenant that lives there, so it's best to get the name of the owner through public records.

Also, maybe you can upload a picture to your profile? Thanks!

You're welcome, Isaac.

How do I get my picture on here.

Just send a generic note to the old address with the notation on the envelope saying do not forward, address correction requested (buy a rubber stamp later). Let the post office tell you where they went. In the meantime talk to all the neighbors saying your trying to get hold of the smith's and ask for help and info. Look up their old phone number if listed (I don't mean on the listing) and call it, you will often get a new number. Plus many other ways, but try these for starters.

Thanks BP members , colleagues , friends.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

  • Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here