• Sanford, FL
Votes |
Mining Probate Records

Scott Avidon
  • Wholesaler
  • Sanford, FL
Posted Apr 15 2014, 13:30

Hello all,

I have been spending a considerable amount of time in the record research departments of my local court houses trying to get my hands on judgments pertaining to real property. It is a bit more confusing than I would like to admit. I thought you might be able to help me out with some questions.

1. Is there a particular document that we should be looking for? I found many are listed under determination of homes and others under distribution of assets. etc. Many court clerks have told me that at one time they had a "run report" system that would turn all this into a very easy list to get but that it had been discontinued.

2. What other lists would be possible to get from data mining like this? I have yet to walk into the records department and see another investor or anyone with a laptop building lists. I want to capitalize on this if possible as it doesn't appear that many others are willing to take the time to mine it for themselves.

3. Where am I missing these other probate records from in my searches? Some of my lists in large counties only turn up say 100 properties in a year search. Surely there must be more than this?

4. GOOD news though, my last mailing of ~100 returned only 5 letters. Good to see that they're getting to where they need to be.

Thanks for any input in advanced!

SA

Loading replies...