Fort Worth TX inspector

7 Replies

Hi everyone I just made my first offer on a home to get it under contract. My agent says I made a very strong offer and their are a few other unknown offers. Anyways my agent says if I get the contract there will be an option period of 7-10 days for $100 out of my pocket to get the home inspected.

My question is, can anyone recommend a great inspector here in Fort Worth who's worth the price? I mean someone who charges a good price would be great but I'm looking for a good deal with a very knowledgable inspector with insane attention to detail. Also does it cost more if I ask to check for mold? Or termites or such?

@Shawn Thom Yes thanks! I actually read thru this thread. Since Warren Lee is in Dallas I figure he probably wouldn't do Fort Worth but I'll give his company a call if I get the contract on the home. In the meantime if anyone from Fort Worth knows of a more experienced local home inspector then I'm all ears!

Its funny how all these people are needed in purchasing a home. I do plan one day to get my very own real estate license to buy my own homes and somehow learn how to be my own home inspector. This should save me big bucks in the long run

Kevin Hatley at MetroSpect Property Inspection Services

I've used dallas green works multiple times and I am very happy with both their price and their attention to detail. They have inspected homes for me from pilot point to Saginaw. Good luck with the offer!

Are you planning to wholesale the house, rehab and flip it, or is this for you to live in?

I ask, because depending on the purpose of getting it under contract, you might not need an inspector.

@ Anderson I'm focusing on buy and hold. These homes I bidding on are almost like turnkey. That's also great that you guys can recommend me some inspectors. I'll look the up thanks everyone!

Morgan - I've used Victor Sedinger for several years, and he and his son are very thorough inspectors: http://www.houseexamdfw.com/

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here