Born-again investor from Cary, Il

6 Replies

Hello, I'm Ray Wicker from Cary, Il. formerly from Chicago, Il. I say that I am a born-again investor because I have been out of the market for a while and felt it was time to jump back in. While in Chicago my partners and I did some flips but that went away after I moved 50 miles away.

I have been working as a title examiner for 35 years and recently decided that I am missing out on all the deals that come across my desk on a daily basis. So I decided to re-commitment myself to investing.

After finding Bigger Pockets by accident, I realized how little I really known about investing. So I have been listening to the podcasts during my commute just to get re-educated.

I would like to get to know the other investors in my area and possibly partner up. I am leaning toward buy and hold properties but after finding Bigger Pockets I realize that there are many, many other avenues to go down.

Hi, Ray! Welcome back to the Church of Real Estate Investing! I'm sure there's plenty you can teach some of us about title search and title companies. Best of luck to you as you get back into real estate investing.

Mark,

I certainly would be interested but I am not to familiar with how the forum works with regards to exchanging contact information.

Ray

Welcome back @Ray Wicker

Don't stop at the podcasts - I would recommend diving into the resources section (tab above), especially read all the "Ultimate" Guides that Josh Dorkin and Brandon Turner put together. And of course, don't forget to ask questions in the forums. It's amazing how people dive in and help out!

Larry

Thanks for everyone for the support. I'll be honest, it's been a while since I have been in the market and I am a little apprehensive. But I should have never dropped out of the market to begin with. Now I just have to be a little more persistent.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.