Looking to start rental property business with a USDA loan

Looking to start rental property business with a USDA loan

Member since 2026 · 1 post · 0 votes

Hello everyone, my name is Ruvim and I'm new to real estate. I am Looking to possibly buy a multifamily property for $200,000 using the USDA loan for the 0% down payment benefit. I'm going to live in this property for 1 year. After that one year, I would move out and rent That property out. I would apply for a FHA loan after that one year And get another property most likely multifamily as well.

My questions are 

How realistic would this be? Are there any specific rules that would prohibit me from renting out the property on a USDA loan?

How would DTI work with a USDA loan when applying for a FHA loan? How would lenders calculate that ?

Should I build up a bit of capital And just apply for a FHA loan If I want to scale this ?

0Reply
32 views

No replies yet. Be the first to reply to this discussion.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.