Recommended Online Accounting Software

2 Replies

I have been searching for a user friendly, inexpensive online based accounting software. Ive come across Easy Storage Solutions, Buildium and Property Manager Cloud. I really want to make sure the data entry side and report generation side works well, plus easy to access on my phone.

Anyone recommend these?? It will be used for 10-20 SFH rentals.

Thank you!

I don't consider these accounting software, but rather online property management software. Xero is online accounting I've used and would recommend, but for property management (including some related accounting), Buildium is the one I would go with if I had to pick from your list.

However, I don't use Buildium :)

I would agree with Jeff Blanchard....Buildium and some other online options are more "jack of all trades" property management suites. They handle the whole renting life cycle, from online marketing, online applications, screening, moving tenants in/out, work orders, etc. They also integrate accounting that is geared towards rental properties, but I think you would find some of the accounting features lacking compared to dedicated accounting software. It really depends how advanced your accounting needs are, and what your expectations for reports etc. I do all of my rental bookkeeping in Buildium and find it sufficient for my needs.

Ryan Swan, Real Estate Agent in AZ (#SA661174000)
480-332-7296

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.