Down payment

5 Replies

I have one rental property and am looking to get more but don't have the down payment for more properties is there a way to buy more properties without putting down 25 % I have excellent credit. Don't have a lot of equity into primary residence or I would do home equity. Any ideas would be helpful!! Thanks

Homepath program has investor loans at only 10% down for SFRs. And there are many discussions here on BP about investing without much cash. You can use the search bar at the top right of the page. But I'd say be careful about getting in to a lot of property without proper reserves. A few unexpected setbacks without funds to deal with them can really mess things up.

Be sure to read the info here as well: http://www.biggerpockets.com/starthere

Definitely want to make sure you have some reserves set aside for unexpected expenses as Jean had said. Lender's do offer conventional loans w/ only 5% down for primary residences. Maybe you just aren't happy with your current home and need to make it a rental and you could occupy another home. Who knows, maybe you'll get tired of living there after a year or so and may seek another primary residence.

thanks for the advice I think I know what u mean. Can u keep doing that without ever getting an "investment " mortgage ? Also Jean is the homeopath only for FHA loans

Use an investor partner. If you can get a mortgage and they have the down payment and closing cost cash, partner and split the net. I've done that before.

Ali Boone, Real Estate Agent in CA (#01911993)
310-957-2101

Just remember to take your time there's no rush. The last thing you want to dol is over leverage yourself; because you can't fix the roof with good credit.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you