Finding the owner of a property

5 Replies

couple questions here, I've been driving around looking for vacant houses but I've run into some what of a problem. Some of the homes I look them up in the appraisal district(I'm in Houston Tx so I use hcad) it shows up that they still live there. I've looked in the windows and seen them empty so no one lives no doubt. So my question is how do I get ahold of these people?

Next question, is there anyway I can get people's phone number off the internet from their name or address?

Talk to the neighbors. See if they will deliver a message for you. Let them know that you are looking to buy the place. They may be extra helpful if you can tell them that they will help remove an eyesore.

Slip a message under the door, maybe they come by once in a while. Despite all the "We buy houses" signs out there, the owner may not know about their options.

Facebook.

The internet has just about everything nowadays. I'm sure there is a service out there for looking up phone numbers.

@Aaron Montague

Thank you for the reply. The only issue with talking to the neighbors is that in the area I've been targeting they only speak Spanish so I end up trying to play charades with them and have no luck haha. Ill keep digging and using google to see what I can find. And I apologize that a lot of my original post made no sense, I wrote it half asleep.

Hey Jay!

Of course you have the address now, why not put it in the local directory and see what comes out. I'm sure their will be some phone numbers or something you will be able to contact them through. Or just Google it! ;)

@Jay Lozano

Ah. Spanish speakers like money too :)

I'd go around with flash cards with the specific information you are looking for. Make sure you let them know you are an investor interested in the house and the owner.

Originally posted by @Aaron Montague :
@Jay Lozano

Ah. Spanish speakers like money too :)

I'd go around with flash cards with the specific information you are looking for. Make sure you let them know you are an investor interested in the house and the owner.

no joke I just downloaded a App that translates for me hahaha!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.