Property Managers

4 Replies

I am new and getting ready to jump in to my first real estate investment.  I am looking for a good property to hold to cash flow and  I was wondering what are some good property management companies in the St. Louis Missouri area?

Ryan

As Mr. Packard said when asked about his cars, ask the man who owns one. This advice applies to you. Locate rental properties in the area you planning to do business in and ask the owners. You can hear about good managers and more importantly about bad ones.

Thank you for the response.  I plan to attend a local rei meeting to network.

If you are just starting out and managing a single local parcel, I suggest handling it yourself. It will be cheaper and you have more control. I don't know your real estate background or level of REI knowledge. Learn the basics fist before jumping in. Ask questions from other investors, read some intro advice books, and check sources here and other sites. Once you grow, then interview PM companies to represent your properties.

If you do decide to hire a PM, you need to vet the PM, and you set the rules on what they need to do and ask for a copy of their insurance and at least three references.

Joe Gore

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here