New Investor in Nashville

9 Replies

Hey all, just found BiggerPockets and I'm excited to network with some of you.   I'm a tax attorney doing real estate for the last few years.  I know just enough to be dangerous.  Ha. I'm very eager and motivated to make a purchase.  But like many of you, just can't pull the trigger.  However, I'm a big believer that real estate is the way to go for long term security so one day I'll jump into the deep end. 

The market here is getting pretty hot right now.  Nashville is growing and the city is planning on tremendous growth for the next 20 years.  Demand is through the roof!! Hope you all have a nice weekend!

Welcome Jatin. You're a tax attorney specializing in real estate transactions correct? You indicate you've nearly pulled the trigger on an investment...What investment opportunities have you been looking at and how did they fall short of what you hope to accomplish? I'm near you in south Nashville so maybe we can have coffee early some morning and discuss. PM me if interested. ¡Salud!

Welcome to BP.  I'm in Cookeville.

@Daniel L.  I'm mainly looking into single family homes right now, but I want to work my way to duplexes, quads etc. I wouldn't say anything fell apart, but its just a matter of actually pulling the trigger and doing something.   I would love to have coffee or something.  I will PM you once I know my schedule a bit better for the following week.  Hope to speak to you soon. 

Thanks @Bryan L.  How's the market out there? 

Welcome Jatin to Bigger Pockets.

Welcome to BP Jatin. I am about to move out to Clarksville, Tn which is not too far from Nashville. I share similar investment philosophies as you. What is it exactly that is keeping you from pulling the trigger? I would love to meet up with you within the next couple of months if you would like and discuss things. Just let me know.

Tim

@Jatin Shah

Welcome to BP.

Most good tax attorneys are analytical and risk averse. It's best to overcome those tendencies with preparation through studying comparable values and the developing a model that fits your goals. When a property comes around that fits the model, you jump.

The market in the Nashville are is crazy right now, and I would caution you to avoid the bandwagon syndrome I see with many buyers. Wait for something that works for your model and what you understand. With time and experience, what you now feel as hesitation will become patience, which is a sound quality for most investors.

615-305-1445

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.