Joshua Fletcherr
  • Wayne, MI
Votes |
Dump my agent?

Joshua Fletcherr
  • Wayne, MI
Posted Jun 7 2014, 19:33

BP how goes it?

I'm currently on the prow for my first SFH (long term intentions in mind). I'll be buying in the Wayne/Westland area of Michigan.

According to my agent, as well as a couple of others that I was thinking about working with, this market is a "sellers market". Please listen to this conversation that occurred and let me know whether or not she is fully competent.

Me: "The #1 thing I'm looking for in my purchase is that the home purchase is a bargain. So my plan is to really go in and low ball at first, and then probably meet the seller somewhere in the middle."

Agent: "You have to understand that this is a sellers market. It has been for some time. So if you go in and low ball these properties I can tell you that you're gonna be disappointed. They'll just say no. "

Me: "But aren't they at least likely to counter offer?"

Agent: "No not really because they're all getting multiple offers. They're likely to ignore low balls. I haven't helped sell or purchase on a home that hasn't had multiple offers in 2 years"

Of note: we certainly did not define what a "low ball" is. That is of course something that I'll be seeking clarification on. I have always thought of it as like 10,000 below listing or something of the like.

Please lend me your thoughts. Is she being unreasonable or am I just uneducated? Both? Neither?

Thank you thank you!

Loading replies...