Little Rock, AR · Member since 2014 · 8 posts · 0 votes
Hey
So I'm new to BP and I am looking to get started in buy and hold REI very soon. Do you all think that because I am totally new to the process it would be best to contact a real estate agent or should I try to find my first property on my own?
Investor · Santa Barbara, CA · Member since 2013 · 658 posts · 315 votes
12y
In short, yes, you want a good agent on your side. Finding and buying a good property will be a team effort. You need access to the MLS and a good agent will have years of knowledge and relationships which will help.
Even if you are experienced, you need an agent, unless you are one. It sounds like you probably have more to learn before you can pick a good agent though.
As Jenkins said, you should attend a real estate investing meeting in your area and talk to other investors there. Find out who they are working with and there will be agents at the meeting as well.
Check out the "learn" tab and read the whole beginners guide.