Getting started

5 Replies

I know nothing about investing in real estate. However I would really like to learn. Can someone give me a little advice as to where I should start? Please help

Thanks in advance

Chris

Try a local Real Estate Investors Association (REA). Just beware of the programs that the gurus sell. I'm not saying that they are all bad, just buyer beware, and talk with previous students. 

Originally posted by @Chris Foster :
I know nothing about investing in real estate. However I would really like to learn. Can someone give me a little advice as to where I should start? Please help

Thanks in advance

Chris

This website is a good place to start. And Matt is right too, check out your local REIA group. I would recommend a couple of books; The Millionaire Real Estate Investor and Flip.

from my experience if your near a military base and you can find a nice forecloser thats a good location to rent..new people moving in all the time always looking for rentals, you'd never hurt for quality tenants.

@Chris Foster  Welcome to Bigger Pockets.  This is a great place to start right here.  But there's a LOT to learn.  Take your time.  Don't rush in too fast a make a mistake.

@Chris Foster  

Welcome

BP is a great resource. Full of great tips and reads. One tip that I picked up here is while you are starting out and saving money for your investments, start driving / visiting areas you would like to invest in so you get a feel for prices, rents , house conditions etc, and visit and look at lots of homes and open houses so your eye get used to looking at repairs / upgrades that are normal in a particular market. I really dont think you can look at too many properties, and the more you look, the more knowledge you will gain for that market

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.