I am starting wholesaling this week, I need MLS comps. How do I get those?

4 Replies

I do not understand how I pay the agent if I use them in a wholesale deal. Do I pay them based on the price of the house I am going to make a deal on, or on my profits on the house?

I also heard of becoming an assistant of an agent, where you join the real estate boards whiteout being an agent , you can have access to the MLS. Is that true? If it is can you please direct me to a website containing this information?

It is best to pay a realtor to run the comps or get the realtor to close the deal and pay the realtor their commission and next time they might run the comps for free as long as you are using them to close the deal. Please don't ask the realtor to work for free.

Joe Gore

I would start by calling a agent and asking if they would be interested in doing several CMA's for on on properties you intend to wholesale. Also offer then a flat fee, " for every CMA you give me i will pay you XXX.xx " every agent is different so depending who you talk to will depend on what they want. but i would be honest with them and let them know you don't plan to use them to sell you house you just want them to give you a cma.

Thank you for the responses, how much would you pay for CMAs?

I am a agent so i don't nor have i ever paid for them, if i have a investor come to me i would most likely cast for 100-150 depending how often i do them for him. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.