Trademarking

2 Replies

Hi - I've read a few posts on trademarking but not specific to my question, so I'm posting. If I have a logo designed by myself and a tag line, should I have it trademarked so no one else can use it before I use on my website, business cards, etc.?  Some have said it is automatically trademarked once you use it, but it will not be registered unless I go that route, which appears expensive. What is your experience with your logos and tag lines? Thank you very much for your advice!

This issue you are concen of is what "Wantapranures" do.  for a definition of this and to see if you fall in this category check out the first 3 min of the following video.  The first step to improvement is recognizing the problem.

http://youtu.be/1LZU8oa2RqQ

My best advice it to focus on what will make you money.  once you have made money and prove your business model then focus on trademarks, websites, etc.

Hi @Luis Montanez  - Entertaining video!  I watched it in its entirety.  I agree that it is not central to our business......but we just want to be thorough and cover all the bases.  But interesting video and a good reminder to stay focused.  Thanks!  I looked up the authors of that video more and they actually have some great ideas about how important documented processes are.  So it reinforces some good things.  Thanks again.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.