Lender/Qualification question please.....

2 Replies

I haven't gotten a exact answer so far, but was told that I need to have a paper trail of 2 months time, showing that I have saved in my bank account (   6 months worth of house payments )

So, since I have 1 and half months still to go, before I hit the 2 month mark ( as I've been putting money into an account ), I still haven't gotten an exact answer , as to how much house I will be able to qualify for, and in turn, what that amount of house will equate to, in terms of my monthly House payment ( PITI )

So here is my current financial status/stats, can someone please give me an estimate of what I'm likely to qualify for ( $100,000 , $90,000 , $80,000 , $70,000 ) ?

I have a 690 credit score, my taxes for last 2 years, show me making $1350 per month, my monthly debts total $200 ( used for DTI / Residual ) , an I hope to have close to $6,000 saved in an account, in the next few months ( for the 6 months of house payments, down payment...likely go FHA and for Earnest money and appraisal )

Thank you so much for everyone's help

Well,  I cant tell if your wanting to purchase an investment property or a primary residence?

You cant buy an investment property using FHA financing or at least I have never heard if that happening as FHA is not an investor product.

If you make $1,350 per month with $200 in expenses, I hate to break it to you but your not going to qualify for bank financing for any house.  

I dot think showing you clear $1,150 per month is going to help you get qualified for a loan.  I could always be wrong but I dont think I am on this one. 

Might want to find an owner finance deal, this might be a better situation for you. 

Good luck

Curt Davis, Real Estate Agent in TN (#00321765)
605-310-7929

I'm afraid I must agree with @Curt Davis . If it isn't a typo that you gross $16,200/year, I can't imagine that any lender would qualify you for a mortgage, whether for a private residence or investment property.

You'll have property taxes, utilities, landscaping, and incidentals (even the cheapest hot water heater is $300, and what about any other appliance that breaks?). Income at that level doesn't give you any room to breath, just about ANYTHING could figuratively run you over (doctor bill).

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.