I live in Palm Beach County Florida, and I have been active in the real estate market for a number of years as a part time realtor. Im not going to bore everyone which a bunch of personal details of how I ended up where I am in life yada yada....what I want to know is...is anyone else having difficulty finding good houses to flip? Im not sure if im just gun shy or over analyzing things but I am not finding a lot of available properties that seems they will yield more than 10-15% ...maybe 20%. Is that good? I realize the market is fairly strong and sellers are wanting top dollar for their properties which eats up some of the potential profits, but c'mon. Have all the sweet heart deals disappeared or am I too late? What about all these auction sites? Is that a better place to score a deal than from say the MLS? Should I get in touch with some good wholesalers and if so....how? Just a newbie with a thousand questions....if a few could shed some light, that would be great!
Here is a link to get you started. Its for Newbie Investors and helping them to get started.
1. Here are a couple of ideas on how to find properties. Drive around and find Fixer upper vacant houses.
2. Find the Owners of the Houses using this free public search site
3. Find 3 a day and mail the owners a yellow letter
4. Ask if they are interested in selling, if they are and are not interested at selling at your price. List It for them.
For you. this is a great way to get deals and or listings.
Another lead source for you.
**Housing Code Violations**
Find homes that have housing code violations in your area. Its gold!
Good Luck to you
Free eBook from BiggerPockets!
Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!
- Actionable advice for getting started,
- Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
- Learn how to get started with or without money,
- Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
- And a LOT more.
Sign up below to download the eBook for FREE today!
We hate spam just as much as you
Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community
Basic membership is free, forever.