Landlord - Auto Debit Payments

7 Replies

Hi All,

When collecting rent from tenants, i've used the traditional method of paper checks.  I'd like to try automating the process with my new tenants.  What methods do others here on BP use for auto debit? I see clear now being one, etc.  I'd be curious and any recommendations would be helpful.

Kyle

I use IPN, which is a service from Quickbooks. It does not auto debit tho. I email the invoice and the tenant has to log in and pay the invoice online. It cost me $0.50 per transaction. It has made my monthly billing process super easy.

Checkout www.erentpayments.com. It's $3 per transaction, but can be set up to auto-debit or have the tenant pay directly. Excellent customer service.

I use WilliamPaid.com - it is free to you and free to the tenant and also has credit reporting which they like (and makes sure they are motivated to pay on time)

I use clearnow.com. Auto Debits from the tenants checking account.

Stephen

Hi guys, thanks a ton for this information!

I haven't used any of these yet but there's a BP article listing several services
Also there is pay near me which IMO is a Good supplement to the online services if you're tenants don't have bank accounts or you want a back up as most don't already include a cash pay service

http://www.biggerpockets.com/rei/pay-rent-online-payment-tools/

Happy rent collecting

This post has been removed.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here