Just got my 1st contract should I contact the title company now or...

3 Replies

Hi, 

I'm looking to wholesale 2 homes that I have under an assignable contract with the same owner. This is my very first deal! Besides reaching out to my buyer list and advertising for new buyers. Should I be contact the title company right now and having them do the title search, etc.? or should the end buyer have to do this? I also have clauses in my contract stating that it must be a good marketable title with no liens or encumberances amongst some other contingencies to provide an escape just in case something unexpected arises.

Should I be contact the title company right now and having them do the title search, etc.? 

get it to the title co and have them start the work.

Make sure they file a memorandum in the county so other people cant try and go around you.

START MARKETING!

The hard part is done, finding the deal.  Now you get to put your other sales hat on and track down a buyer.  If its a good deal, it wont be hard.  But use all techniques you know to get it in front of as many people as possible.  May not even be a bad idea to partner with someone who has experience.

Good luck!

THANKS SAM! SURE THING! GOOD LOOKING OUT!

Sam got it right, it is your job to take it to the title company and get the process started.  Also take them the contact information for all parties involved in the transaction.  They'll keep the process on track and get you all the way through to closing.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here