Newbie from Cleveland, Ohio

10 Replies

Hello everyone,

I'm new to BP and I want to get into REI. Currently I'm renting a townhouse in the Cleveland area (I'm only 3 months into my lease.) I want to purchase my first investment property, live in it for 1-2 years then rent it out. Any advice on the moves I should make moving out of my townhouse and into my investment property? Should I try to sub-lease?

@AShira Solomon welcome to BP. What do you have in your mind for first investment property?

Originally posted by @AShira Solomon:

Hello everyone,

I'm new to BP and I want to get into REI. Currently I'm renting a townhouse in the Cleveland area (I'm only 3 months into my lease.) I want to purchase my first investment property, live in it for 1-2 years then rent it out. Any advice on the moves I should make moving out of my townhouse and into my investment property? Should I try to sub-lease?

Welcome to BP. What area are you looking for? What type or property and/or conditions are you looking into? 

Providing the details of what you'd like to get into would help us better provide information. 

I'm an out of state investor with properties in Cleveland that I'll be putting on the market shortly (once I can find a good solid responsive via email Realtor) and have a good idea of the markets. 

Hello Ashira,  I am a newbie from Bedford too, your name popped up in my recommendations so I thought I'd say hi!  I am interested in investing in rental properties as well, and have come across some great deals in the Garfield area...still doing my research, but let me know if there's any way we could help each other!

@Ben Kevan
Hi Ben,
I just came across your post on this thread. Are you still looking for a tech friendly realtor? I work with Keller Williams Trivisonno team and we would be happy to talk with you more about your needs. Check us out on ohiohomeseller.com or contact me direct!
440-535-3594

Hi Ashira -

I am an investor in the Cleveland market - mostly in the eastern suburbs. You can still find some great deals with nice cash flow in most areas. Please provide some more specifics about what you are after.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you