Best First Step \ Recommendations

2 Replies

All – I’ve been reading \ researching for a couple months now, joined BP couple weeks back. Been working on creating a strategy, want to jump in as intelligently as possible. I’m looking to implement a buy and hold strategy, taking my initial cash position and hopefully locking up multiple income producing properties using as little cash as possible (Maximum Leverage).

After being honest with myself around time constraints I’m looking at companies that renovate, place tenants, then sell.... initially. Through research I realize my own backyard (Baltimore\Washington) may not be the best place to invest. It’s slightly daunting to jump immediately into National real estate, but I have a higher risk tolerance and desire to be successful.

My main questions are, any recommendations on companies \ turnkey wholesalers to work with? I’ve stumbled across a few (Growth Equity Group for instance), and am still digging into the value proposition. Also can anyone provide any advice \ guidance on how best to execute this strategy? I’ve read numerous articles on BP about making sure you are still doing due diligence (proper attorney review, home inspection, etc..) However would still love any\all advice.

Thanks in advance!!!

I personally cant stand companies that make you give you their info before you get to look at their properties.   Before anyone could give you suggestions on who to work with first tell us where you are interested in investing?  

Whomever you decide to buy from make sure you get a home inspection and dont use anyone they recommend, find your own inspector.

Thanks Kurt. Initially I was interested in investing in the Mid-Atlantic region, but solely because it’s a known entity. My preference would be to target region(s) with upside from an appreciation standpoint. From reading around BP, markets in TX, charlotte, Atlanta seem to be attractive. While apparently I should avoid Markets like Detroit.

I’m looking to identify a fair deal, preferably with upside potential from an appreciation standpoint.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here