New to everything Memphis, TN

3 Replies

Hello everyone,

I have been wanting to get into the real estate business here in Memphis for a while. I am currently working full time and was looking for a start up home where I could fix up while living in the house itself. I am pretty young and really motivated to get started. I just would like some advice about the market and to see what are some good ways to get started in the business. Any help and advice would be appreciated.

Thank you all,

Camilo Zapata

Welcome to BP @Camilo Zapata . One of the best ways to get started is just what you mentioned - buying a fixer at a good price and putting some elbow grease into it. Then, get a HELOC on your equity and use that to further invest or flip.

@Camilo  Zapata

You should come to the Memphis Investors Group which is the local real estate educational group here in Memphis that meets every month.  Here you will meet others and learn a lot.  Great place to come if your new.  I am actually teaching the " getting started right " class this coming August meeting.  Hope you can make it.

www.memphisinvestorsgroup.com  

Welcome to Bigger pockets! @Camilo Zapata  

Curt is absolutely right you should check out MIG. I am about 8 months in to my investing career and MIG was instrumental in making great connections. We should get together sometime, I could introduce you to some people, and even help you with getting your first deal.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.