Started before Business Cards came in and cannot get seller's interest.

3 Replies

Have Business Cards coming in on or about Friday. I probably should print some temporary one on my computer, although I am having issues with the computer.

I am working with a partner who can and does want to buy properties. I am finding properties and approaching the seller's and I have not got anywhere.

One seller is an Investor and he asked me who my funder was. I told him, but he is NOT answering my text messages. I made an offer by text message, which is not valid, but I figured it shows my interest. We also had a conversation about Contractor's and I told him that I was not previously able to verify some Contractor's license status. I already had previously looked others up, but I am thinking that perhaps he thought that I did not know how to do that.

HOW CAN I GET THIS SELLER TO ALLOW ME TO INSPECT THIS PROPERTY?  PLEASE HELP. I already have gotten a funding approval for this property, and now I am sitting here in LIMBO.

Another seller I have contacted owns a house that will probably need to be torn down. He wants $130K for it. I went into the house and took all kinds of pictures and tried to use the Spreadsheet that comes as an extra when you buy Joshua Dorkin's book called Estimating Rehabs. Very difficult to use when you're a newbie. I think the bet way to learn is going to be by watching the Contractor's carefully.

I have made 2 appointments with 3 different Contractor's and I sincerely thought that I would be able to get the right to inspect, but I didn't and I am hoping that I DO NOT lose these Contractor's interest in my proposals to get estimates for Rehabs for me.

My partner said that there is a New Posting on Biggerpockets that talks about "How to get a Yes from Seller's. I cannot find it. Anyone know where it is?

Thanks guys!

@Ronald H.  a business card will not make a difference in either of these situations.

To find the article you are looking for try using the site:biggerpockets parameter in a Google search.  For instance, I entered:

How to get a Yes from Seller site:biggerpockets.com

into Google's search bar and maybe one of these is what you are looking for.

http://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/2014/05/21...

http://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/2014/06/20...

I suggest you find a mentor at your local REIA whom you can offer to help and learn from.

Good luck!

To get a seller's attention you need to let them know upfront that you are a cash buyer, and it is good to show them your bank statement so the seller will take you serious. Show the seller what it will take to rehab in writing from a license GC and be honest with the seller.

Joe Gore

It sounds like neither of these sellers is very motivated. Truly motivated sellers don't care abut anything you mentioned. 

If you've given it your best shot move on. Most leads do not work out. Don't waste time tying to force a deal that is not going to happen. Go find another lead.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.