Jeff Brown

7 Replies

Hello Bigger Pockets Family,

Recently I went to Jeff Brown's Investment seminar in San Diego.  Rarely do I ever feel compelled to reach out and share my experiences, but this is definitely one of them.  Jeff is the real deal!  Whether you are new to investing or an old seasoned pro, I think you will find Jeff's no-nonsense approach to investing to be very unique and safe.  I have read countless articles and books on investing, but it wasn't until I heard Jeff's podcast on Bigger Pockets that I knew there was something special here.  Subsequently, I started reading his articles and eventually went to his seminar.  I have already invested with his recommendations and they have turned out to be excellent investments.  I am a physician/business owner in Sacramento California.  Please feel free to contact me if I can be of any help.  James Dickens MD

Thanks for my first official welcoming!  I have been watching from the shadows for a year, but I felt it was time to actively participate.  

James,

Thanks for sharing. It is always nice to get good feedback from BP crew about speakers and seminars.

Some Things I learned....

It takes a lot of sacrifice to end up with 1million in a 401k, but think of how little you will have to show for it if you take the standard 4% (40k) per year.  Not great.  I'm already doing better than that at a fraction of the cost.

Jeff is a big numbers guy.  The numbers do the deal.  I have always been a buy and hold guy and invest where I live.  Jeff has me now in Texas because in California the numbers almost never work, but in Texas they do.  I learned to go where the deals are rather than stick to my comfort zone of being able to drive by the properties I own.  

Antonio,

Thanks for the feedback.  I see you are in San Diego.  How is San Diego treating you investment wise?

Originally posted by @James Dickens:

Some Things I learned....

It takes a lot of sacrifice to end up with 1million in a 401k, but think of how little you will have to show for it if you take the standard 4% (40k) per year.  Not great.  I'm already doing better than that at a fraction of the cost.

Can you explain this.? Should take about 20 years to get to one million 401

George,

AARP states average 55 yo has 225k in 401k....I think form what I read very few people will have a million in 401k.  Also, with 401k you are taxed as wage/income which does not give you much protection tax wise.  I learned from Jeff there are other ways to help secure retirement besides a 401k.  I sleep better at night doing what I'm doing now than before.  

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.