Training / Educational

2 Replies

I'm a newbie and have the ability to take some training for free. I already have a bachelors and an MBA but I would like to add some real estate specific skills. The reason I am asking is so I can learn a skill to do as side income. I'm in south florida.

Anyone have some input on types of schools or training that would be beneficial? Must be must be no longer than 4-5 months

Here's some ideas so far:
These are usually only 3-4 months

*real estate license
*real estate appraiser school
*real estate mortgage broker school

Would like to see about some type of vocational schools that anyone thinks is beneficial: A/C repair, woodworking, electrical, kitchen cabinets?

@Freddy Moldt   I think any of the courses you mentioned would be good. I also think that a community college would be another good place to find some courses. Any of the hands on type classes could be beneficial to you. I would take a look at the classes offered then think about what you would like to d o or have always wanted to be able to do yourself. Start there and keep building.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here