Investing with a developer

4 Replies

Is there an insurance that I can get if I would  like to invest with a developer on a project? Against fraud for instance?

Thanks

I'm just feeling very insecure since it's my first time. Is there a sample of an agreement

that you can share? 

Thank you Sam.

Can you give us an overview of the deal?  The typical agreement between an investor and a developer is a joint venture agreement, but without an idea of the deal, I can't suggest a type of contract.

God Bless You!

@Paula Schafer  The question you are asking in the wrong question. What you need to be asking is if it is a good idea for someone without any experience in development to be doing a joint venture with someone they apparently know nothing or little about. The answer? NO! 

There's just to many things that can go wrong. However; whenever you are dealing with a developer/builder you want to be sure to check their licenses, bond, insurance and references. Find out what else they have built, get addresses, etc. 

Finally, talk to a lawyer that specializes in construction and real estate law for advice. 

Medium house plansKaren Margrave, Parlay Investments | [email protected] | http://www.parlayinvestments.com | CA Contractor # 680782

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you