Buying/Renting

2 Replies

Greetings,

I purchased my first house in 2011 (270K), I am realizing now that it was the to buy, the only downside is that it is not in a good area, bad school district, and I had a few break ins. I am considering buying another house (350K) in a better area and rent this property. My first challenge would be getting a loan, renting my current property and finally trying to buy another house right now in a better are seems challenging. I am reaching out to this community to get advice and better ideas? I currently live in the Inglewood/CA, but I work in Santa Monica/CA.

Thanks,
Felipe

The first step would be to contact a lender and find out how much of a loan you would qualify for.  You may be stuck selling that house in order to get a house in a better neighborhood.

I'm in Southern CA and I can help you with your situation.  You need to either qualify for a loan for a "second home" with a convention lender, or qualify to purchase the second house as an investment property.  It's all about the lowest cost loan.  Do you have equity in your current home.  Contact me and I will go through the details of your specific situation.

God Bless You!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.