Business cards

15 Replies

As a newbie and still learning the language of the real estate investor game,I know attending meet ups and networking is a good way to meet possible mentors my question is should I have business cards with me if so what type of info should be on it?? Help please

my interest is to fix and flip but I have not done any deals I am very new to the real estate world  @James Wise

You want it to say several things

Name & number

Gabriel Mercedes                                                                        

Then something along the lines of these

I buy houses

Buy/Fix/Sell.... etc

James Wise, Real Estate Agent in OH (#2015001161)

@Gabriel Mercedes My suggestion is just get simple cards: @Gabriel Mercedes , Real Estate Investor with an email address and phone number. 

If you're networking, get people to put your name and number into their phones. Much more effective than that card they are going to stick into their pocket and forget.

@Gabriel Mercedes Just have a blank business card with only your website address on it. Your website will then educate people about who you are and what you're looking for. Doing like this is unique and creative way of getting people on your team. I've shown people how to do this for years..and its works

What type of investing are you looking to do?

@Gabriel Mercedes 

Welcome. Thanks for your service. Keep the card simple easy to read with at least 2 ways to connect with you. Remember it is a living document make revisions as needed. Vista Print does free cards just pay for shipping.

Two Great reads, I bought both J. Scott The Book on Flipping Houses,The Book on Estimating ReHab Costs

Locate and attend 3 different local REIA club meetings great place to meet people gather resources and info. Here you will meet wholesalers who provide deals and all the cash buyers (rehabbers) you will need.

Consider checking out HUD homes for small multi's owner occupied gets first crack.

You might consider Niche or Specialized Housing like student housing. Rents can be 2-4 times more. Remember you don't have to own a property to control it.

Download BP’s newest book here some good due diligence in Chapter 10. Real Estate Rewind Starting over

Good luck

Wow!!!! Thank you guys for the response I've learn do much in the since I've join bigger pockets. @Antonio Coleman   I don't have a website and wouldn't know how to get one started

Account Closed I just got flipping houses for dummies and plan on getting the 2 books you've mention thank you sir!!!!

@Gabriel Mercedes Welcome.
I'd just put Name, Phone Number, Email & Real Estate.

"Real Estate Investor" virtually insures most RE Brokers will never call you. Just like "low-balling" a ton of offers at half price.

Oh and ALWAYS hand write something on the back when you hand it out.

e.g. "Interested in getting into #69 DeadEnd Avenue and Buying it." Folks tend to keep those cards and respond to the message.

PS The "Free" vistaprint cards have their logo on the back and mean CHEAP MOFO to anyone looking at them. Upgrade cards aren't that much more;-)

@Gabriel Mercedes Just send me a friend request, and I message on the information about getting you a website. Very easy and simple setup bro

Welcome to BP.

Business cards are the most economical way to advertise. Therefore, use them. I believe your name, phone number, email address and business address will be great on the card. You could also use something in the back of card too like "We Close in less than 30 days", etc. 

Hope it helps.

James Syed, Real Estate Agent in IL (#471018522)

My suggestion is to keep it very simple. 

If your don't know how to solve the problems that Brian mentioned, don't list them.

If you don't own real estate yet, don't represent that you're an investor.

If you've never purchased and wholesaled a property, don't state that you're a wholesaler.

If you are still figuring out what you're going to do, consider yourself a "lead generator " aka bird dog. The public does not understand that title, so I suggest you leave that off, too.

May I suggest:

Your name

Phone #

Email (not too clever, but business-like).

I started in 1978 and done pretty well, however I never got around to picking a title. I just got home from a high-end a East Coast seminar where I counted at least 3 Billionaires. I don't think any of them were concerned with having a title. Why are you any different?

Best of success to you!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you