Help with mailing campaign

2 Replies

Good day,
I have been actively posting bandit signs to bring in most of my motivated sellers. However, with the competition popping up in my market (Cincinnati ohio/northern ky). I need to add to my marketing strategy to find more sellers.

Can anyone recommend the best form of mailing campaign marketing?
Should I use yellow letters or postcards?
Should I market to specific areas (zip codes), absentee owners, attorneys or what?
What is working for some of you?

Also, are you using companies to do the work, or are you sending the mailings out by hand?

Are you using a list source to get leads, or are you using the MLS?

Thank you for your assistance.

I think most of the folks are using listsource.com.  However, we have at least 2 uber experts right here on BP that can tell you everything you ever wanted to know and more about all things direct mail.

Michael Quarles & Jerry Puckett

Personally, I generate my own list.  My first mailing was yellow letters.  My 2nd mailing will be a slightly more formal letter.  I'll switch to various post card formats after that.  All my addresses will be touched at least 6 times, unless they respond or ask to be taken off the list.  I'm targeting specific school districts that create areas of high desirability.

I have had high response rates from tax delinquent lists, but you have to wade through a bunch of bad properties to find the good deals. Targeting zip codes that have a large amount of cash sales works well, as it is an indicator that investors are working there. Get a Realtor to run a MLS report to get these. Send me an email and I can send you a list of absentee owners in Hamilton County. My partner & I are considering getting into the Cinci market (I grew up in Cincinnati, but live in Portland, OR now)....perhaps we could do some deals together?

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you