Skip to content
Starting Out

User Stats

Votes
Adam Yunker
  • Homer Glen, IL
Votes |
What to do with attorneys, contractors, and what about all the fees?

Adam Yunker
  • Homer Glen, IL
Posted Sep 19 2014, 02:58

Hey guys! I'm new here and I have been absolutely loving these forums! My biggest question in getting into real estate is the cost for attorneys, contractors to give you estimates; However, I'm pretty sure contractors don't need any money up front. Don't they get paid only if you hire them to do the work? Also what about attorneys for the paperwork and how do I go about doing that? This is my biggest concern because I want to wholesale a couple properties first whether it be assignment contracts or double closings. But how do I go about doing an assignment contract or double closing with my attorney & do all attorneys know what these are & are familiar with? People say you don't need any capital to wholesale, but don't you need the capital to go through the paperwork? Lastly, how do you go about getting an appraisal where they tell you how much other properties have SOLD for? And how much do they cost? If any of you guys have done wholesale deals if you can leave like a step by step basis and how much were things roughly. That would be amazing!

~Thanks, Adam & Great luck to all you wonderful people in the biggerpockets forums helping kids like me out! :D

Loading replies...