Investors Group

7 Replies

Hello and goodevening,

My name is Jarlen, and I'm thinking of establishing a real-state investing business. I would like to know any ideas on how to establish one. My main concern is I have x amount of capital to invest but if I'm seeking for partners to join me in this journey what would be a good strategy as to how to get a group of investors to join my idea. How are the profits splits ? How are the initial investments establish ? Sorry if I sound a little Complicated. To make it simple " How do I Start a group of people to Invest with me".  

Thank You

better to be on your own.  No partners. You can if you need to get loans from others wanting to where some of the profits of your new venture, but only loans. 

@Arlan Potter   indeed. 

better to invest on your own @Jarlen Martinez  . For the fact that you will easily widened your thoughts about how to developed your own properties and get focused on it. 

@Jarlen Martinez  

I would first decide on an idea and start speaking to whomever would be the target customer or market.  See if the idea is a good one and whether it really is filling a need.  That doesn't cost anything but your time.  Bringing on partners is like getting married.  You really want to be sure.  Almost 1/3 of all start ups fail because of the team, the other main reasons are running out of money and no market demand.

Another reason you want to vet your idea is that if it does prove to be a great idea and you do want to bring on a partner, you will have a better idea of who to bring on based on the idea you're pursuing.

My main idea now is rehabbing and flipping, and then afterwards hold off a couple property's for long term while they rent. Thanks for the advise.

@Jarlen Martinez  Better to invest with partners...you can do a lot more.  Just ask Henry Ford.

Joe Villeneuve
REcapSystem
A2REIC

@Jarlen Martinez

Start off slow, be thoughtful, and thoroughly study the process of successful house flipping. Develop a business plan. Once you have these items, a vision, and a few deals under your belt, you will have results to show investors and the credibility necessary for investors to trust you with their hard earned money. 

If you wish to build a sizeable business, it is likely that investors and private money will be required at some point. I strongly encourage you to look at the latest BiggerPockets book as a way to start thinking about raising money: "The Book on Investing in Real Estate with No or Low Money Down." 

Good luck.

Great Point. Thanks for your Advise.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.